Elder Care Covid-19 Policies
If you are scheduled to work with an ElderCare 4 Families client then here are the Elder Care Covid-19 questions you should be asking yourself:
- Have you been sick with a fever or cough within the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone with a fever or cough within the last 14 days?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with COVID-19?
- Have you traveled outside of metro Louisville within the last 14 days?
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you will not be allowed to care for any of Elder Care 4 Families clients – you must stay home for 14 days on quarantine.
Upon arrival for clients within a facility (rehab, nursing, assisted living, memory care or independent living), your temperature will be taken and recorded. You will be asked the above screening questions. You will need to sign in and out of the facility. Your temperature may also be taken as you are leaving. All ElderCare 4 Families staff are bound by all facility policies including infection control. You may be required to enter and leave one entrance and park in specific areas.
Covid-19 Policies Upon arrival of all of your shifts regardless of location:
- Wash your hands and forearms with soap for thirty seconds and use hand sanitizer if available.
- Use gloves at all times when providing personal care.
- Maintain personal distance (6 feet) with staff, other residents, vendors or client’s family members
- Get plenty of rest and eat healthy.
- Avoid touching hands, nose and mouth.
- Cover all sneezes and coughs with your elbow and immediately wash all areas with soap.
- Throw away any tissues in the trash immediately.
- Keep all surfaces clean.
- If your client is ill, they may wear a mask for their protection.
- Report any illnesses 24/7 to ElderCare 4 Families
Infection Control Training was covered in annual training and orientation. If you have any additional questions about infection control, please call ElderCare 4 Families immediately.
COVID-19 In the Know Training – ElderCare requires all caregivers to complete a COVID-19 Training with a required quiz to prove completion.
All ElderCare 4 Families caregivers must maintain compliance – current TB tests, background checks, drug testing and training to be scheduled with ElderCare 4 Families clients.